Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 16, 2013

Sauteed Apples

Hi Guys!
So today I got home after orientation at my oldest daughter's school and decided I wanted some apple pie but did not have everything to make it so I found this recipe online and decided to check it out. I did change somethings but this is not my recipe I did not come up with this recipe by myself.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of butter
4 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch thick strips ( I cut mine into bite-size pieces because my two year old daughter would have trouble eating it if not cut this way)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
I also added:
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. In large saucepan, melt the butter. Once melted, add the apples. Cook for about to 6 to 7 minutes, stirring the entire time, until the apples are tender.
2. Mix the cornstarch and water in a bowl until the cornstarch is dissolved. Pour the cornstarch mix into the apple and butter mixture. (Beginning here I added one ingredient at a time and stirred it completely after each ingredients so it would not cook to much into the apples that is landed on.) Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Cook for about 2 minutes after the final ingredient is added, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, and serve warm.
This makes about 8 servings and takes about 20 or so minutes. It also can be served over anything. My uncle and I had ours on top of a slice of lemon pound cake, my two daughters had theirs with a brownie (I know right just doesn't sound right but it was on the side and they loved it either way. My Fiance also had an odd choice to eat it with.), my fiance had it with a slice of egg custard pie, and my grandmother ate hers right out of her bowl.






















No comments:

Post a Comment